Saturday, May 7, 2011

community service and college

THis week i've been really busy with trying to figure out my education and getting my community service hours. About 3 months back, I got caught running a red light turning right and instead of paying the $480 fine, I was sentenced to 48 hours of community service. I've been procrastinating it for a while and I decided that since I wasn't working right now that I should get it done. I went back to the courthouse because I didn't have my copy of my community service form and I discovered that it was due by the 16th of this month. soooo, I went online and I found a food bank  in Oakland that I was going to volunteer at since they had Wednesday orientation, but then I found another food bank right here in Fremont and decided I didn't want to commute that far.

Anyways, my plan was to go to Oakland but since I wasn't going anymore, I decided to go to Hayward and check out CSU East Bay and follow up again with my transcripts and records. I found out that I could have started spring semester if I had submitted my "intent to register" except that I never got that form in the mail OR was it ever mentioned to me UNTIL this wednesday. It's too late to apply for Fall but since it wasn't my fault I tried to talk to someone that was higher up at admissions, but the lady said there "wasn't anyone" to talk to but I convinced her to at least send an email to someone that could at least attempt something to try and help me. I gave the college my google voice number so hopefully someone can help me and get me in for Fall so I can start school again. UGH. so ridiculous.

In other news, I got sick. Charmaine was sick and got me sick. lol

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with everything! It will all work out!

    and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) sorry I got u sick... At least u dun have to work... :p

    ReplyDelete