Wednesday, May 18, 2011

new job

So i haven't really made any posts about my new job but it's pretty cool. the first day i was just whiting out dates and changing dates on the program we have planned for the summer. The 2nd day I was blowing up balloons to prepare for the place's grand opening. We're some kind of tutoring center that gets high school kids in the area into the top 25 universities in America. Harvard, Yale and all that type of stuff. It's one on one counseling/tutoring and college prep stuff and IT'S EXPENSIVE OMG. good thing i'm not paying for it and I just work here! I've kind of been shifted into a more IT type role out here the past couple days. I've been setting up computers and trying to set up the network. The router wasn't too hard to set up but I do maintenance on it and the like.

I haven't recovered yet from my sickness but I still think it's the Cali weather morning sickness/allergy thing I have going. It's been like this for years! If I wake up cold in the morning, i'll inevitably start sneezing and have a runny nose until it warms up. I do not have this problem in Hawaii, Hong Kong or anywhere tropical weather like. It kind of sucks having to use up so much tissue, but I think my 3 year plan is going to work out anyways.

Plan: get my degree in Biology/Chemistry and get my teaching credential so that I can be a high school teacher. preferable in Hawaii, emphasis Kahuku High. I really really hope that I can start school by this Fall so that I can actively work towards my degree. The other day I was talking to my best buddy, Pablo Gariando, about changing my major to Bio(he's a bio major and wants to get into med school) and he called out "BS" on my major change to Biology. hahaha I've always liked science since I was younger, but when I grew older I guess I just got lazy and didn't bother to learn too much more about it. The labs have always been interesting to me since they're all hands on and I had a really good high school Bio teacher. I remember I took a Bio class in college and I got an A- because I remembered everything from that Bio class from my freshman year in high school until I was a freshman in COLLEGE. I was talking to my older sister, Carol, about being a teacher and she said that science teachers are always needed, not history teachers. I remember hearing about that before which is why I made my decision to change my major since I've always liked science.

No comments:

Post a Comment