Yesterday was pretty awesome, it was mother's day so at church there was like a total of 19 people in the chapel. it was pretty deserted to be honest. The talks were pretty good because it was about missionary work and I actually paid attention and learned something. hahaha for once since I'm kind of complacent about listening at sacrament but I do need to put forth more of an effort and today, I DID! yay me!! Well, the other ward had chocolate covered strawberries that they were giving away to the mothers in the family ward and I decided to go ask them people if I could have some. I took two plates of strawberries and I gave one to Brittany Jorgenson and one to Maine. Brittany was calling me crazy and ridiculous until I handed a plate to her. LOL so silly, people are always afraid to ask for stuff and think it's like a social faux pas to ask. I saw that they had a ton leftover and all the moms already had a plate so THAT'S when I asked for the strawberries. It was entertaining.
After church I had lunch with Charmaine and we both decided the night before to cook dinner for my mom. We planned out steak, shrimp and spam and eggs for dinner. Maine pointed out that we didn't have any vegetables so we brought some napa cabbage to cook with the steak. I happened to chance upon a friend of the family who went out to a restaurant on Sunday /omg for mother's day. oh well. everyone has their agency right? anyways, it was really fun cooking everything and we got flowers for Mom and some of her favorite chocolate: Ferrero Rocher. Mom really liked everything and we even facetimed on Maine's iPad 2 with Carol and her kids. All in all, it was a pretty good day! yay!
yay! isn't ferrero rocher like all asian's favorite chocolate? /gg
ReplyDelete