this was the first bench/checkpoint. The sun was hitting all the smog or clouds but I couldn't get a better shot
Actually, this was the better shot but it looked a little dark to me.
baby rattlesnake!!! it was like the size of my palm but I didn't wanna risk getting TOO close
Me and Justin both found out that we had the exact same camelbak! His had a thermal covering for his water and his was blue while mine was green. LOL it was amazingggg how we both randomly had the SAME bag for water. We both wanted to turn back but I've never been to the top of Mission Peak and Justin wanted to take me there. We both encouraged each other so it was good that we made it!
we finally made it! a random asian guy with two hiking sticks helped us take the picture! *thank you random Chinese man!!
I got some pictures of the sunset but I didn't even realize that the sun was setting. Me and Justin were both just like "stupid sun, get outta the way!!" cuz it was super bright when I was trying to get some pictures of the clouds.
look AT THE GLARE!!
but it's a cool looking sunset. lol
these are the clouds I was trying to take a picture of. THERE'S THE ASIAN GUY WHO HELPED TAKE THE PICTURE!!
It was freezing at the top though, next time I go, i'm packing a blanket and some gloves if I wanna hang out at the top longer. my hands are getting chilly just thinking about it!! It got dark pretty quick but we took some shortcuts down so we cut off like 20-30 minutes from the hike down. I ran outta water near the end but it wasn't that bad since we were like 5 minutes from the bottom. I took a picture at the top of the mountain of the Bay Area all lit up.
Oh, so pretty!! hahaha
The whole thing took about 3 hours up and down but I'll have to plan a little more time since my parents and a lot of other people wanted to also go up mission peak. I've never been but now I know the route so I'm a little more confident now. It was fun though, I'll definitely have to go up again.









Ahhh, I wish I could do this! Looks like you guys had fun.
ReplyDeletehaha come to Cali and you can hike with us! but seriously, you have Maunawili falls and all the other awesome hikes on Oahu. Just go find them! I'd rather be in Hawaii where I can go hike to a waterfall and go jump off a cliff!!!
ReplyDelete