Friday, April 15, 2011

just starting out


Well, I finally knuckled under and started a blog cuz I really need to keep a journal. I'm really not going to sit down and write out a journal so I'll keep it online and hopefully I'll be more diligent about just keeping a record of my life (for my posterity) /gg


Today, I started my new job as a Business development Rep today. It's my other new job after I was a sales guy door to door selling Meat: steak, chicken and seafood. I didn't really enjoy that job even though I was making decent money there because I felt like I was
misleading people a lot AND I was. I didn't like it at all. I was straight up lying to people to try to get them to just listen to me so I could sell something marked up just to put some cash in my pocket. Didn't feel right so I ended up working for about a week and a half and just quitting.

The good thing with this new job is that my friend Vanessa's husband is my boss. I'm going to get some good experience with this job and it'll look great with my
resume. I'm pretty excited to really start working on Monday. Today, I just did training where I read a bunch of PDF files and answered some quizzes. I flew through the quizzes and training cuz I read so fast so it wasn't even that hard. My new boss told me that it was going to take me awhile to get through the training but I did it way faster than he thought. Funny stuff.

After work today, since I got off work a bit early, I went home to relax before I headed over to Charmaine's so we could eat dinner. We figured out that if we rushed, we could make it to the showing of "Soul Surfer" but we didn't eat dinner until after the movie ended. OMG, I miss Hawaii so much even more than I did before. It was a pretty good movie, plus it was inspiring too. Makes me want to go out and catch some waves, oh wait, I can't because I don't live in Hawaii anymore -_______- It was pretty hilarious seeing some of my college friends on the big screen as extras and I couldn't stop cracking up for no reason. They were just part of the background Christian bible study group in the movie and it was just really cool seeing them.

No comments:

Post a Comment